Capita Managed IT Solutions’ cloud services are designed to be flexible and extensible, ensuring we meet the various needs of our customers.
Our Cloud Services
- Cloud e-mail, file storage/sharing and unified communication
- Public Cloud connectivity
- Hybrid Cloud
- Disaster Recovery
- ITIL Managed Service
- Professional Cloud Services
- Hardware Break Fix Service
Why Capita Managed IT Solutions?
With over 250 engineers, Capita supports 2,000 customers and manages over 400,000 calls and e-mails annually. We provide:
Both public and on-premise clouds
Professional design and transition services
End-to-End delivery/support of cloud and on-site infrastructures
On-premise network and user support
Managed Services for cloud and on-site infrastructure
“Through Capita’s range of cloud services, organisations are addressing their business needs by fully leveraging the widespread capabilities of public cloud services with ‘pay-as-you-use’ subscription pricing and leading-edge functionality. Additionally, by incorporating hybrid cloud on-premise, we can deliver more sensitive applications and data.”
Craig Johnson, Solutions Manager, Capita Managed IT Solutions
Our range of Cloud services
Reduced IT Services Costs
- Avoid expenditure on hardware and software by sharing resources in one place.
- Consumption charged on a utility-based model – pay only for what you use.
- Low and fixed periodic service charges.
- Applications updated without expensive upgrades.
- Scale economies – costs per user decrease as numbers grow.
- Existing hardware, software and licensing utilised – no major CAPEX.
- Immediate access to a wide and growing range of applications, with no need to install anything.
- Capita ensure cloud access is available anytime, anywhere.
- The cloud is green – pooled resources enable use of centralised and more energy-efficient data centres, in addition to efficient energy supply strategies.
Public Cloud – the facts
Leveraging both our Microsoft Gold Partnership and industry-leading skillsets, Capita offers public cloud based on Microsoft Azure.
Moreover, as a Microsoft Cloud Service Provider (CSP), we provide customers with a portal for real-time usage assessment, and enable them to instantly adjust consumption of Azure’s cloud resources, as required. Essentially, our Microsoft credentials ensure total visibility and control for our clients.
- Inexpensive - one of the greatest benefits of a public cloud deployment is its low cost.
- Extremely scalable – public cloud resources are ‘elastic’, allowing for the scale up/down of services, as and when required.
- Quick to deploy - public cloud deployments also offer fast speed-to-market.
- Compliance - not all public cloud providers can meet stringent compliance requirements.
- Service - Cloud provides standard service levels for resources; Managed Service for hosted business applications require a separate provider.
- Misunderstood - Sometimes considered to be technically less secure, but when proper precautions are taken, public cloud can be much more secure than many realise!
Hybrid cloud – the facts
Capita’s hybrid cloud expertise empower clients with the suite of public cloud benefits combined with the very best of what the private cloud has to offer. It provides clients with the any-time ability to leverage the public Azure cloud to cater for seasonal demands or project workloads.
- Secure – the hybrid cloud provides organisations with the security it needs, when it needs it, while it’s partly public makeup ensures it remains quickly scalable.
- Scalable - a hybrid cloud deployment is highly scalable. If our clients need more computing power, they can immediately invest more in the public portion of their business. The same principle goes for greater security and investing in private cloud.
- Cost-effective - businesses can save costs by allocating workloads to the environment in which they are best suited. Capita’s cloud experts specialise in ensuring clients do this.
- Low Impact - a hybrid development is often a useful stepping stone on the way to a full cloud deployment, minimising risk and smoothing the migration process.
- Resourceful - Hybrid Clouds utilise on-premise, collocated, public and private cloud environments in a mix that best fits an organisations’ needs.
- Customised - Often considered the “best of both” cloud environment, allowing organisations to build a custom solution and leverage the benefits of each deployment model.
Cloud e-mail, file storage and unified communication
With Office 365, Capita ensures commonly used Office applications are securely consumed on both customer premises and via the cloud directly. End-users can securely sign into their O365 account using two-factor authentication on any supported browser from any secure device, and consume email and office services from an intuitive dashboard. We also ensure end-users benefit from collaboration tools and unified messaging such as ‘Skype for Business’ and SharePoint, whilst OneDrive provides secure user storage spaces
Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Achieved using Microsoft Azure’s Site Recovery Services (SRS)
- Using the cloud as a DR tenant obviates any need for datacentre fixed costs.
- SRS protect Capita’s customer environments by automating the replication of servers, based on control policies.
ITIL Managed Service
- We specialise in flexible and scalable IT Managed Services, underpinned by our UK-based ITIL service desk.
- From a full IT outsource to a partial or self-managed service, Capita offers service levels to suit unique needs.
- We provide Managed Support services (including remote management and monitoring of ICT infrastructure) as well as security solutions for networks and communications.
- As trusted cloud advisors to clients across the UK and Ireland, we provide consultancy and project management services to ensure greater client efficiencies and productivity.
- Capita Managed IT Solutions' cloud consultancy services are delivered by our team of specialist cloud consultants, who bring market-leading experience and expertise on all organisations cloud matters.
- We listen and research client needs and deliver a tailored and professional service that focuses purely on achieving the perfect cloud balance and overall need.
Hardware Break Fix Service (on-premise components)
- Our team of remote, field-based and on-site engineers provide storage, network, desktop and server support, delivering hardware and software break-fix and IMACD (installations, moves, adds, change and disposals).
- Our fully qualified engineering teams are supported centrally by our UK-based ITIL service desk, service management and resource scheduling teams, all of which are underpinned by Capita’s leading service management systems.
Why Capita’s Cloud Services?
Market leading experience
There's no "one solution fits all" when it comes to cloud. We are experienced in designing cloud solutions to meet specific customer needs, including the first education cloud in Europe for 1,100 schools, a utility-based cloud model for NSPCC, and a cloud solution for the M25 motorway.
Specialist cloud expertise
From our consultancy to technical design, service delivery and support teams, we adopt a customer-centric approach, helping you to achieve a worry-free and bespoke cloud environment.
We work in partnership with leading cloud technology providers including Google and Microsoft to bring the latest innovations and value to our customers.
Capita wide capability
As part of Capita Plc we have access to a range of technology and sector experts and services, with over 30 years’ insight into working with multiple sizes and types of organisations.
G-Cloud framework provider
We are appointed on the G-Cloud framework which combines cloud policy advice, direct buying and added-value for customers.