SELECT is the trade association for the electrical contracting industry in Scotland. Founded in 1900 under the name of The Electrical Contractors' Association of Scotland, SELECT became the first trade association in the world to serve the electrical industry.
Today, SELECT comprises of over 1,200 members. Members’ expertise covers a wide range of design, manufacturing, testing and commissioning skills and each is accredited to one or more of ten technical disciplines. SELECT member companies account for 90% of all electrical installation work carried out in Scotland, have a collective turnover of £1 billion and provide employment for approximately 15,000 people.
Capita have been working with SELECT for over fifteen years providing infrastructure and support services to their 40+IT users.
With no access to on-site IT support staff, SELECT required a ‘form’ of a managed service implemented by Capita to help aid their IT. It was vital that SELECT had a reliable and robust IT infrastructure in place which would ensure business continuity and reassurance that in the event of a failure, the IT infrastructure could return to business quickly and with minimum disruption and downtime.
Details of Solution provided
- Capita provide hardware break-fix support for both server and desktop/laptop estate as well as hardware support for HP switches
- Capita provide software support for both server and desktop/laptop OS and MS Office
- Capita engage with third parties on behalf of the customer to assist problem solving if required
- Capita provide hardware and software support for SELECT’s backup solution
- We manage and maintain the Active Directory structure
- Capita operate a remote monitoring service alerting us to pre-defined hardware and software failures and predicted failures allowing us to anticipate potential problems and to proactively take appropriate action
Benefits realised, impact on the business, impact on staff, cost savings achieved, success of project, relationship with Capita, other important messages, specify any business process improvement and efficiencies.
- Long standing working relationship due to great experience working with operations and field staff
- Capita’s continued support has helped ensure business continuity and provides reassurance that SELECT can rely on Capita’s expertise as they do not have anyone available in-house
- Office located close by ensures services & solutions are implemented in an efficient manner
“As our core IT solutions partner, Capita understand our needs and this provides us with great comfort. We regularly liaise with their service and sales teams based in Scotland who are also proactive in their approach to the IT needs of our expanding business. This service has allowed us to build a relationship of trust with Capita. We value this immensely and know that our IT is in good hands.”Carolynn Shaw, IT Project Manager, SELECT